Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New flies,no fish.






I finally got out this weekend,up to Paradise Springs it turned out to be a beautiful day but no fish at all. Got up there at 7:00 am, lots of Midges coming off but not a lot of fish taking them off the surface.I started with the usual tactics,midges and leeches.I usually do good with those but no luck yet, tied on a number of midges with different leader configurations all with no results.Tapered my leader back to fish leeches,damsels,dragons and streamers with no luck also.After three hours of beating myself to death it was time to pack it in and head home. Better luck next time.

I've been tying a lot of flies as of late with Spring coming in. I've tied up some Bass bugs, nymphs and streamers. Worked out a cool-ish Pheasant Tail nymph with a bright bead head and an epoxy back with fine glitter it the mix.Also a couple Bass "jigs" and a bunch of Pink Squirrels for my Wisconsin trouting in May.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a beautiful looking spot to fish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great flies! You got some talent and also a new follower

    ReplyDelete