Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Paradise Springs


Went to the spring pond Friday morning, nursing a slight hangover from new years eve, I made a stoopid mistake, more on that in a bit. Got to the place and I was suprised to see several people already there.It was really cold bu in the quest for trout, cold is not an issue.

Saw alot of fish rising, I think they were taking midges just below the surface.Back to my mistake...I was going to put a new leader on my line the day before, I knew I was going to be fishing midge patterns and would fish with 6,7 ,8X tippets.Well I could'nt manage to get the leader on the line, I thought I'd just adjust the taper of the leader and I come to find out I did'nt have the right leader materials to do this. I tapered the leader from 6 or 8 lb test to a 7X tippet, bad idae, I was snaping off tippets left and right.I was just having a really herd time getting a leader to work well wich of course made for shit presentations!!

It was nice to get out even in the fridgid cold, met a couple nice folks, bs'd about glass rods for a bit. All and all I had a good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment